Sulheim Manor Farm is situated in the middle of the Bøverdalen valley in the county of Lom. The Manor farm was founded in the 9th century by the Sulheim family and has been in the family ever since.
Up to the present generation, farming has been the sole source of income for the family. Sulheim was one of the first farms in Norway to be protected by the Cultural Heritage Act in 1923.
The farm is still in full operation and out of a total acreage of 25000, more than 4000 acres are cultivated land. The Sulheim family has always kept the manor farm in continual operation and careful modernization, in pact with the farm`s more than thousand years of history and tradition.
Today, Sulheim Manor farm consists of more than thirty old wooden log buildings, of which more than twenty forms the inner and outer yard. The oldest building was erected in the year 1250, but most of the buildings are from the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. The main building from 1660 is possibly the oldest building in Gudbrandsdalen with two stories.
The living rooms are all decorated and furnished by the Old Norwegian masters in folk art. Two of the old buildings surrounding the inner yard have been transformed into galleries where you can enjoy the paintings of the famous Norwegian painter Terje Fagermo, who in Norway is called the "Master of Light".¿¿ Sulheim has two summer farms situated further up in the mountains, Leiksetra and Heimresetra, as well as two tenant farms situated close to the manor farm. The last two are in the process of being restored, and will offer our guests a tantalizing glimpse into the life of tenant farmers in the eighteenth century.
We have received guests since the beginning of the twentieth century, first mainly small game hunters in our hunting preserve near Loms-eggen, and in the last forty years, also accommodation. In the last fifteen years we have started catering to a select group of Norwegian and international firms, such as Norsk Hydro, Ruhrgas and Statoil.